Friday 25 April 2014

Make Your Own Pretty Placemats!


For Easter, I threw together these pretty burlap and lace placemats. It literally took me about 5 minutes to make all four of them and I'm seriously pleased with how they turned out.

I just think anything burlap and lace is adorable... don't you?

So if you want an easy project, that requires NO creative skill whatsoever, but looks super-cute and you can say you made-it-yourself, then this is the project for you!

You need:
* Half a metre of burlap or equivalent (hessian)
* A metre of lace
* double sided sticky tape

Step One:
Cut your burlap into whatever size placemats you want! Burlap shreds, so they will look a bit shabby chic, but that's part of the appeal, don't you think?!


Step Two:
Put a strip of double sided tape down the left-hand side of each placemat, then simply roll your lace over the top.


And that's literally it! You're done! Just dress them up with a nice bit of crockery, and a flower or two if its a special occasion... and there you have pretty placemats, whipped up in no time at all.

Pretty tableware always puts a smile on my face!





So there you have it... a nice little weekend project for you all!

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing, and I think even I could manage to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are lovely. Where do you get burlap / hessian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is extraordinarily easy - and looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are pretty - a lovely project!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for stopping by!